Pesticide Education and Safety Program
2014 Initial Certification Meeting
New for 2014
• The review session and exam will follow the CORE MANUAL, 3rd Edition, released in November 2012. (The older editions of the manual are no longer applicable.)
• Lunch Plans: VTC is requesting a count of attendees who plan on purchasing lunch at their cafeteria. (You can always bring your own lunch.) PLEASE let us know on your registration if you plan on purchasing lunch at the cafeteria. Thank you.
This program will provide training and review of Vermont Pesticide regulations and the information covered in the Pesticide Applicator Training Manual that is necessary to understand and to pass the VT pesticide certification license exam.
• Sarah Kingsley-Richards, University of Vermont
• Matt Wood, Vermont Agency of Agriculture Pesticide Training and Certification Coordinator
The Core exam will be given after this training in the afternoon from 2-4pm. (No category exams will be given but can be scheduled with VAA for a later date.)
Coffee and pastries provided. Lunch on your own (see 'New for 2014').
Nursery employees, landscapers, school custodial staff, farmers, garden center employees, pest control operators, government or municipal employees, university employees, or anyone wishing a Vermont Pesticide Applicator license.
This program will provide two Vermont recertification credits.
It is necessary to study the Core manual BEFORE the review to have all the knowledge necessary to pass the exam.
Core manuals ($41) and required inserts must be obtained in advance from http://agriculture.vermont.gov/pesticide_regulation/applicator_dealer_resources.
Click Here for brochure and registration form (pdf)
Pre-register by March 28.
Registration fee is $20 per attendee.
Space is limited to the first 50 registered.
After March 28, Late Registration is $30.
To request a disability-related accommodation to participate in this program, please contact Sarah Kingsley-Richards at (802) 656-0475 so we may assist you.
Contact Sarah Kingsley-Richards at (802) 656-0475 or firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit http://pss.uvm.edu/pesp
Directions to Vermont Technical College:
• From I-89 take Exit 4/Randolph; Go up the hill on Route 66 toward Randolph Center (about ¾ mile); at the top of the hill turn right on Main Street. The Red Schoolhouse will be on the left.
• From Route 14, take Route 66 to Randolph Center. Keep straight onto Main Street. The Red Schoolhouse will be on the left.
Issued in furtherance of Cooperative Extension work, Acts of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation with the United States Department of Agriculture. University of Vermont Extension, and U.S. Department of Agriculture, cooperating, offer education and employment to everyone without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital or familial status. If you require special accommodations or financial assistance to participate in this program, please contact Ann Hazelrigg at (802) 656-0493 so we may assist you.