Rozanne perennial geranium
(cultivated variety) was voted by members of the Perennial Plant
Association as the 2008 Perennial Plant of the year. How well do
you know this excellent choice plant? Choose true or false for
each question. answers below
1. A Blooms of Bressingham (England) introduction, launched at the 2000 Chelsea flower show. T/F
2. Found in 1999 in the Somerset, England garden of Donald and Rozanne Waterer. T/F
3. A natural hybrid cultivar of G. wallichianum 'Buxton's Variety' and G. himalayense. T/F
4. better heat tolerance, larger flowers, and longer bloom than similar cultivars such as Buxton's Variety. T/F
5. hardy only to USDA zone 5. T/F
6. must have moist to wet soil. T/F
7. flowers are pink. T/F
8. makes a groundcover under 12in. high and to 3ft wide. T/F
9. prefers sun and tolerates heat. T/F
10. should be divided yearly. T/F
2. false, found in their garden in 1989.
5. false, hardy reliably in zone 4, possibly 3 with good snow cover
6. false, prefers moist but will tolerate some drought
7. false, they are irridescent blue with pink tones, 2in. or more wide
8. false, makes a spreading clump to 18in. high, and 18-24in. wide
10. false, seldom needs dividing.
you don't have this perennial, look for one at your local perennial
nursery or complete garden center, online, or by mail order nursery.
Back now to The
Perennial Arcade for more quizzes or to Perry's
Perennial Pages for more good info.